Applications for the 2016 Energy Efficiency Forum Awards are now open and close on 13 September. The Energy Efficiency Forum Awards aims to commend excellence in energy efficiency in in Cape Town, in recognition of the great lengths businesses have gone to to improve the energy efficiency of their commercial buildings and operations, which helps to improve energy security and affordability and lower Cape Town’s carbon footprint. The Energy Efficiency Forum partners aim to recognise those achievers who are leading in this sector, and to encourage businesses to continue reducing their energy consumption.
Applications are judged on their implementation of significant energy efficiency interventions, including both technological improvements and behaviour change, which have resulted in substantial reductions in energy consumption and are likely to be sustainable. Entries are judged by University of Cape Town’s Energy Research Centre.
The winners will be recognised at an awards ceremony on 16 November 2016.
Previous tourism industry winners
Several tourism businesses have won Energy Efficiency Forum Awards in the four years that the awards have been running. They include:
- V&A Waterfront: 2012
- Hotel Verde: 2013
- V&A Waterfront Silo Building: 2014
We encourage tourism businesses working hard to reduce their energy usage to enter the awards. Categories include:
- Successful retrofit project in EXISTING SMALL building/operations
- Successful retrofit project in EXISTING LARGE building/operations
- NEW building/ operation, either large or small
Who can apply?
- Registered members of Cape Town’s Energy Efficiency Forum for the Commercial Sector
- The building or operation being located in the Cape Town metro area
- Interventions or projects commissioned within the last two years
Previous EE Forum Awards winners may not re-enter for five years. The size of the operation is not a determining factor in the assessment of the application – both large and small concerns are encouraged to apply.
When are applications due?
Applications close on the 13 September.
How to apply
Visit the awards website for more information on how to apply.